Lines We Never Say

Inspiration flows from the fingertips of so many fellow bloggers. I try my best to keep up, but one—of many favorites—that never fails to make me think is The View Outside. She writes about many subjects in regards to writing and literature. Reading her sketches causes me to dream of somewhere private, away from chaos, where I would just write.

In a somewhat sarcastic humor after a day with second graders—some of whom did not know what walking or sit meant—I wrote a few lines between a couple most ardently in love.

Lines We Never Say

Boy: Look at these flowers.

Girl: Ah.

Boy: You like flowers, don’t you?

Girl: They die.

+++

Boy: Do you like your bracelet?

Girl: Yeah.

Boy: Don’t you like the diamonds?

Girl: Sure. Diamonds are pretty.

Boy: You’re not excited.

Girl: Sure I am.

+++

Boy: I have something special in mind.

Girl: Tonight?

Boy: Yes, tonight.

Girl: Okay.

Boy: Okay?

Girl: Sure. (To herself) He’ll snore right after anyways.

Boy: What is it you want?

Girl: Time.

Boy: I am giving you time with me tonight.

Girl: No, time.

Boy: Time to think?

Girl: Time to write.

7 thoughts on “Lines We Never Say

1. Vikki (The View Outside) May 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM Reply

Oh Rebecca, thank you so much for your kind words, I am so honoured :)

You are an inspiration to me honey :)

I LOVE the first piece, about the flowers, so powerful, but at the same time a sense of sadness. Brilliant!

• rtd14 May 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM Reply

Thank you very much Vikki! It was so strange. I walked through the door after work, and I just thought of this little sketch of whatever it is meant to be. I thought of your sketches. I believe in giving credit where credit is due, including for inspiration.

Thank you again!

2. legionwriter May 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM Reply

This is so damn great. I’ve imagined having this conversation with my better half many times. (course, I’m the one wanting to write.)

• rtd14 May 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM Reply

Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

3. [...] Rebecca at A Word Or More [...]

4. Vikki (The View Outside) May 24, 2012 at 6:19 AM Reply

Hi honey :)

I’m nominating you for The Kreativ Blogger Award

Please don’t feel obligated to accept, but I think you deserve it :)

5. Pete Denton May 26, 2012 at 2:40 PM Reply

I think we all want time to write.

MilkshakesInSpring

CURNBLOG

Movies, thoughts, thoughts about movies.

The Red Pen of Doom

Conventional wisdom about writing is conventionally wrong.

adoptingjames

Read our Mission. Find out how you can help us adopt James.

Meals on Three Burners

I shop. I cook. I feed a family of six and I write.

The Original Journal Project